- Relieve Stress
- Stabilizes blood pressure
- Prevent depression
- Prevents anxiety
- Enhances mental and Self awareness
- Expands consciousness
- Increases psychic ability
- Influences creativity
- Creates positive energy
- Boosts self esteem
- Aids in longevity
- Heals sicknesses
It is ancient knowledge that even in our physical body we can access the blessings of connecting with the spiritual world. Now that you have a better understanding of what meditation, here is how it should be done.
- Find a quiet place where you can sit or lay down. If sitting make sure you are sitting as if your are balancing the sky on your head. Proper posture is important for comfortable sitting.
- Close your eyes slightly and begin paying attention to your breathing patterns. Adjust your breathing so each breath is not short or shallow.
- Focus on relaxing all parts of your body and mind.
- Continue Concentrating on your breathing as you gently inhale and exhale.
- Let your mind become clear and still.
- Thoughts and feelings may arise, be the watcher and witness of your thoughts. Let them fade away.
- Do not attach to your thoughts and feelings. Allow them to fade and your mind will clear again. Sit in this stillness for as long as you can.
In the beginning you may have so many random thoughts that it may be hard to clear your mind. If this is the case, it is important to remember DO NOT get attached to these random thoughts. Instead, be the Awareness, the watcher of the thoughts; and allow them to pass by. Some people have explained this process as viewing thoughts as passing cars on the highway, or old thoughts being emptied from your mind and put into a trash bin. Over time and with practice random thoughts will cease. At this time when the mind is blank divine revelations may be openly received. However, the goal is not to receive revelations and wisdom...the purpose is to clear the mind from a lifetime of over stimulation.
- L. Jones
Certified Meditation Instructor, C.MI